Menu

Sunday, October 30, 2016

31 Days of Halloween: Masquerade at the House of Walker 2016

Almost every year, my brother & I trade off hosting Halloween parties. This year was his turn to delight our friends & family with a festive bash! You can see what we got up to three years ago when he & my sister-in-law hosted Masquerade at the House of Walker

This year, I decided to go as Dark Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I had been thinking about this costume for months, had been putting together pieces for it & I am pretty happy with how it turned out! I especially liked the look of the costume contact lenses! I will definitely get a lot of use out of them over the next year! While at the party last night, someone asked me who my favorite BTBS character is & though I didn't really know this until I said, I think Willow definately fits the bill. I tend to identify with her the most in terms of high school story & temperament, but I also love her arch. She's so powerful & bad-ass, but she has some real obstacles to overcome. In the end, she isn't just a side-kick. She's the hero; possibly even bigger than Buffy. Buffy couldn't have saved the world without Willow. She couldn't have done it without all of the Scoobies, actually. Oh, I could just go on & on! 

Well, it's safe to say that we had a great time at the party! The food was great (a potluck of pulled pork sandwiches, devil's eye eggs, bacon wrapped figs with almonds, intestine cake, soul cakes, various breads, chips & dips, Angry Orchard ciders & red wine. 

They even put up a photo booth for us shutter-bugs! I tried to get a picture with most people in attendance, but I only just realized Rick & I never got a picture together! He put together a wonderful crow man/Splicer from Bioshock & I am so bummed that we didn't get a full picture of it! 

We had so much fun last night, but I sure am glad that we still have two more days of spooky, Halloween fun left this weekend! 

Stay tuned, fiends! 

My Inspiration
The Make-up

With the wig

Final Product
























No comments:

Post a Comment

2013 2014 2015 2016 31 day 31 Days 90's Anderson Farms anniversary antique apples art art shows babies back to school Barking Mad Arts baths Best Of Birthday black & white bloggers blogging Book Club book recommendations books bucket list Buffy the Vampire Slayer calender cats children Christmas Cindy Lesman Cinevore clothing clothing exchange Color Crush Colorado Colorado Floods comics Consignment cookie corn maze costuming covergirl crafts date night daytrip decor Destree's Doodles Disney DIY dog Dr. Who elf Fall family fantasy fashion fiction film Film Fashion films flowers friday favorites garden Gilmore Girls Girls Night In Girls Night Out Goals Goodreads Goodwill Gourmet Supper Club Greeley grief Halloween hats hitchcock holidays homewares horror hosting Illustrations illustrators Indie Winter Arts Market inspiration James Hopkins JCP Joshua Hoffine Joss Whedon journal kids kiss Lauren Zurchin Leading up to 30 lists Love Letter to a Song makeup mantle marriage memorial day memories mixtape Modcloth monday motivation Motivational Monday movies Munchy Monday music nails nerd New Girl New Years October Old Navy OOTD organization Outfit of the Day pantone parties phone case photo an hour photos pictures podcasts polyvore Primark Project Selfie pumpkin carving pumpkins Pushing Daisies recipe recipes redrum Renaissance Festival Rob Walker rum running Saint Patrick's Day salted caramel Salvation Army Say Anything scary scunci Selfie short stories small business Saturday snow soup Spa Treatments Spotify spring Star Wars stationary steampunk Style Lend styling summer tags Target Thanksgiving theater Thoughtful Thursday Thrift thriftchallenge2016 thrifting Thrifting Thursday Thrifting Wishlist top 5 travel tv vacation Valentine's Day Victorian Cut-out Theater video games vine vintage Vinted Walgreens watercolor Weekend Wrap-up Weld County wine Winter Wordless writing yard sale youtube