Menu

Sunday, October 23, 2016

31 Days of Halloween: Easy Breezy BOO-tiful Covergirl

When I was a kid, my mom made all of our costumes for Halloween. None of that store bought nonsense at our house! Every year she would ask us what we wanted to be for Halloween & my brother & I would say the Universal Monsters Wolf Man or the Little Mermaid! She would always oblige, and because of that, I have some amazing memories of my one of a kind Halloween costumes! She & my dad worked so hard, but at the end of the day, no matter how tired she was, she would come home, sit down at the sewing machine or in front of the glue gun & bust out a mermaid tale or a giant mutant turtle shell. I'll always remember that. I hope when I have my own kids, that I can do the same, though I'm sure I won't measure up to my mom. Just like her costumes, Terrie Lynn Walker was truly one of a kind.

The last Halloween before my mom passed away, she came up to visit us for a weekend & I still needed to find a few pieces for my costume. We went to the ARC & as we were perusing the aisles, she asked me what I was planning on being for Halloween. I replied, "1973 David Bowie." Silence. Then she looked me right in the eye and said, "Why can't you & your brother just be something simple?! What about a generic vampire or a spooky witch? 1973 David Bowie!!! Are you kidding me with that?!!" And to that I replied, "What can I say, mama? You set the bar pretty high." She walked off, muttering under her breath, but eventually returned with a pair of brightly colored spandex pants & a sparkly, iridescent top. That was my mom; she might not always understand what you were doing, but she was sure going to help you accomplish your goal.

So, as I was trolling through Pinterest recently, I can across these Cover Girl ads that made me smile. They're nothing special, but I thought it was so charming that CG would put out some simple tutorials for Halloween makeup. In a time when most costumes are store bought, rented or over the top, these looks are wonderfully simple. If you don't have anything planned for your costume & the elaborate makeup looks I posted earlier this week don't strike your fancy, check out Covergirl! These looks are all five steps or less & you can buy everything you need at the drug store (except for the costume contacts & can use it in your every day life! You just can't beat that! And you know that you'd definitely make my mama smile! You can find a few more looks & useful products over on CG's Pinterest page. Which look is your favorite?

(link)

(link)

(link)



No comments:

Post a Comment

2013 2014 2015 2016 31 day 31 Days 90's Anderson Farms anniversary antique apples art art shows babies back to school Barking Mad Arts baths Best Of Birthday black & white bloggers blogging Book Club book recommendations books bucket list Buffy the Vampire Slayer calender cats children Christmas Cindy Lesman Cinevore clothing clothing exchange Color Crush Colorado Colorado Floods comics Consignment cookie corn maze costuming covergirl crafts date night daytrip decor Destree's Doodles Disney DIY dog Dr. Who elf Fall family fantasy fashion fiction film Film Fashion films flowers friday favorites garden Gilmore Girls Girls Night In Girls Night Out Goals Goodreads Goodwill Gourmet Supper Club Greeley grief Halloween hats hitchcock holidays homewares horror hosting Illustrations illustrators Indie Winter Arts Market inspiration James Hopkins JCP Joshua Hoffine Joss Whedon journal kids kiss Lauren Zurchin Leading up to 30 lists Love Letter to a Song makeup mantle marriage memorial day memories mixtape Modcloth monday motivation Motivational Monday movies Munchy Monday music nails nerd New Girl New Years October Old Navy OOTD organization Outfit of the Day pantone parties phone case photo an hour photos pictures podcasts polyvore Primark Project Selfie pumpkin carving pumpkins Pushing Daisies recipe recipes redrum Renaissance Festival Rob Walker rum running Saint Patrick's Day salted caramel Salvation Army Say Anything scary scunci Selfie short stories small business Saturday snow soup Spa Treatments Spotify spring Star Wars stationary steampunk Style Lend styling summer tags Target Thanksgiving theater Thoughtful Thursday Thrift thriftchallenge2016 thrifting Thrifting Thursday Thrifting Wishlist top 5 travel tv vacation Valentine's Day Victorian Cut-out Theater video games vine vintage Vinted Walgreens watercolor Weekend Wrap-up Weld County wine Winter Wordless writing yard sale youtube