Menu

Friday, December 18, 2015

Favorite Friday Favorites # 101

1. "That There's an RV!"-


(link)

2. Fight Evil-


(link)

3. In Your Arms by Chef's Special- 


I've been missing my mom a lot lately. On my best days, it's the dull ache that resides on the edge of everything. On my worst days, it's a punch to the gut that I'm not sure I'll recover from. While those are honest emotions, that's not exactly the most holly jolly feeling to have this time of year. So, I've been looking for things (besides chocolate & mashed potatoes) that improve my mood when I feel myself slipping into a sadness pit. This is one of those things. 

I think I originally heard this tune on the radio & immediately loved it. The song is about the lead singer's father who passed away in 2013. He loaned the band money to record their first studio album & this is their tribute to him. In addition to making me feel better about the loss of my mom, the chorus also reminds me that though I will not get to see my mom again on this side of heaven, I have a heavenly Father who cares for & grieves with me. That's probably not what the band intended, and though it wouldn't mean the same thing to everyone, it's comforting to me & quiets so many of my fears. 


4. Mint Mocha Bark Candle-


What I'm doing right now is cruel. I'm going to tell you that this is one of the best smelling candles I've ever had the pleasure of burning near my nose. And then I'm going to tell you that their is no way of getting your hands on one. 

I'm sick. This should be apparent by now. 

I received this aromatic delight as a Christmas present from my dad's girlfriend last year & squirreled it away until this Christmas & boy, does it set the mood! I don't generally like sweet, food smells, but the mint in this candle keeps the smell from going into vanilla cupcake territory, which I think is key. Unfortunately, Bath & Bodyworks doesn't carry this particular scent anymore, though I'm sure they probably have something similar. You may just have to go into one of their shops & have a sniff! Or maybe wait for the after Christmas sale? 


5. The Explorer Series Edited by Kazu Kibuishi 


If you like short stories, you'll like these comic collections written & drawn by award-winning comic creators & edited by the author of the Flight & Amulet series'. Out of all three, my favorite was The Mystery Boxes. Oh, I hope you read them & love them! 

(link)

(link)

(link)


Happy Friday, Friends!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

2013 2014 2015 2016 31 day 31 Days 90's Anderson Farms anniversary antique apples art art shows babies back to school Barking Mad Arts baths Best Of Birthday black & white bloggers blogging Book Club book recommendations books bucket list Buffy the Vampire Slayer calender cats children Christmas Cindy Lesman Cinevore clothing clothing exchange Color Crush Colorado Colorado Floods comics Consignment cookie corn maze costuming covergirl crafts date night daytrip decor Destree's Doodles Disney DIY dog Dr. Who elf Fall family fantasy fashion fiction film Film Fashion films flowers friday favorites garden Gilmore Girls Girls Night In Girls Night Out Goals Goodreads Goodwill Gourmet Supper Club Greeley grief Halloween hats hitchcock holidays homewares horror hosting Illustrations illustrators Indie Winter Arts Market inspiration James Hopkins JCP Joshua Hoffine Joss Whedon journal kids kiss Lauren Zurchin Leading up to 30 lists Love Letter to a Song makeup mantle marriage memorial day memories mixtape Modcloth monday motivation Motivational Monday movies Munchy Monday music nails nerd New Girl New Years October Old Navy OOTD organization Outfit of the Day pantone parties phone case photo an hour photos pictures podcasts polyvore Primark Project Selfie pumpkin carving pumpkins Pushing Daisies recipe recipes redrum Renaissance Festival Rob Walker rum running Saint Patrick's Day salted caramel Salvation Army Say Anything scary scunci Selfie short stories small business Saturday snow soup Spa Treatments Spotify spring Star Wars stationary steampunk Style Lend styling summer tags Target Thanksgiving theater Thoughtful Thursday Thrift thriftchallenge2016 thrifting Thrifting Thursday Thrifting Wishlist top 5 travel tv vacation Valentine's Day Victorian Cut-out Theater video games vine vintage Vinted Walgreens watercolor Weekend Wrap-up Weld County wine Winter Wordless writing yard sale youtube