Menu

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thrifting Thursday: Breezy Patterned Shorts

I've pretty much worn the same style of shorts since I was 18. I've always been a little self-conscious about my legs, so I usually go for a longer, sporty-style short (picture something Ellie in Jurassic Park would wear on a dig).  Now, I still love that style (who doesn't want to look like Tomb Raider?) & that's pretty great for everyday wear, but I have found myself wanting an option that I can dress up or dress down, depending on the occasion. For those evenings when I don't want to wear a dress or a skirt. I recently bought this pair of shorts in black & in pink from the clearance section of Old Navy & I'm in love! They were marked down to $8.99 & then came down to $6.50 at the register. Bargain! I'm a big fan of clothing that makes you look like you're dressed up & put together, but feels like pajama bottoms and boy, do these fit the bill! They have an elastic waist, so go ahead & have dessert, & have pockets & decorative stitching on the front.

Also, these beauties are longer in the back, so no chance of your butt cheeks making an appearance. Why are shorts today so short? My legs aren't particularly long and some shorts seem inordinately short on me, I just can't imagine them on a taller girl!  I'm glad that these are breezy & flattering, while still covering all the bits that I want to keep covered.

Old Navy has a ton of great stuff on super-clearance, including workout gear, shoes & maternity, so you might want to run down to your local shop or check them out online.

(link)

Here are a few other options that will keep you cool while looking cool this summer. I especially love the styles with lace, fringe & baubles on the edges. I've also included a great pair of wedges, a sugar scrub (to keep the legs looking & feeling smooth) & some of my favorite lotion & spray moisturizer (which keeps your skin soft with a light, cooling mist. Perfect for the summer months!)

Breezy Patterned Shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment

2013 2014 2015 2016 31 day 31 Days 90's Anderson Farms anniversary antique apples art art shows babies back to school Barking Mad Arts baths Best Of Birthday black & white bloggers blogging Book Club book recommendations books bucket list Buffy the Vampire Slayer calender cats children Christmas Cindy Lesman Cinevore clothing clothing exchange Color Crush Colorado Colorado Floods comics Consignment cookie corn maze costuming covergirl crafts date night daytrip decor Destree's Doodles Disney DIY dog Dr. Who elf Fall family fantasy fashion fiction film Film Fashion films flowers friday favorites garden Gilmore Girls Girls Night In Girls Night Out Goals Goodreads Goodwill Gourmet Supper Club Greeley grief Halloween hats hitchcock holidays homewares horror hosting Illustrations illustrators Indie Winter Arts Market inspiration James Hopkins JCP Joshua Hoffine Joss Whedon journal kids kiss Lauren Zurchin Leading up to 30 lists Love Letter to a Song makeup mantle marriage memorial day memories mixtape Modcloth monday motivation Motivational Monday movies Munchy Monday music nails nerd New Girl New Years October Old Navy OOTD organization Outfit of the Day pantone parties phone case photo an hour photos pictures podcasts polyvore Primark Project Selfie pumpkin carving pumpkins Pushing Daisies recipe recipes redrum Renaissance Festival Rob Walker rum running Saint Patrick's Day salted caramel Salvation Army Say Anything scary scunci Selfie short stories small business Saturday snow soup Spa Treatments Spotify spring Star Wars stationary steampunk Style Lend styling summer tags Target Thanksgiving theater Thoughtful Thursday Thrift thriftchallenge2016 thrifting Thrifting Thursday Thrifting Wishlist top 5 travel tv vacation Valentine's Day Victorian Cut-out Theater video games vine vintage Vinted Walgreens watercolor Weekend Wrap-up Weld County wine Winter Wordless writing yard sale youtube