Menu

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

10 Facts About Me

More info than you probably ever wanted to know about me.

1. I have three cat-men; Jango, Oliver & Rook. I would have more if I wasn't afraid of ending up on the show Animal Hoarders. We are definitely cat people.

2. I don't have any tattoos. It's not that I don't think they're cool or that I judge people for having them. I actually think tattoos are really interesting and I am fascinated by the reasons that people choose what they chose. The truth is, I am really indecisive about things like that and I can't come up with a single thing that I want on my body for the rest of my life. On top of which, I'm terrified of tattoos stretching and shrinking and becoming unrecognizable over the course of a lifetime. I have, however, had several piercings. When I got my lip pierced the first time during college my mom looked at me in disappointment and said, "Why didn't you just get a tattoo?" How's that for fairness?

3. I've read the Sharon Creech book, Walk Two Moons, at least 50 times since the first time I heard the story in 6th grade. I have gone through three paper-back copies since that time, so every time I see a copy at the thrift store, I pick it up.

4. My first crush was a 3 foot long stuffed cowboy doll named Bill that my Aunt Barbra made for me. I called him my "boyfriend" and introduced him to my parents friends during their parties. I'm sure they were very proud. Periodically, Bill and I would be on the outs and I would delight in telling people about our relationship problems. Sadly, Bill met an untimely demise at the cruel hands of my brother and cousin, Monty. They decapitated him. I was never the same.

5. I watch the film High Fidelity at least once a month.



6. I honestly never thought that I was going to get married. Boy, was I surprised when I met Rick Destree!

7. From 1991-1992, the Disney channel ran a show called The Torkelsons. The show was about a single mother named Millicent Torkelson and her five children, my favorite child being the eldest daughter, Dorthy Jane. Dorothy Jane was smart and sensitive and talked to the Man in the Moon, which I think was her way of praying. I loved the show. I wanted to be Dorothy Jane. In 1993, Disney did a sort of spin-off of the show called Almost Home, detailing the family's move from their home town of Pyramid Corners, OK. to Seattle and it wasn't nearly as good as the original. Bonus: It co-stared a young Brittany Murphy. I have waited most of my adult life for Disney to bring this television gem out of the vault and put the entire show on DVD. I'm still waiting. Did anyone else watch this show?



8. Although the price is right, I don't care for matinees. There's something that's disappointing about walking out of a theater and the sun is still up. It takes away some of the magic, I guess. Winter matinees are okay. But only okay.

9. While talking to my older brother, it came to my attention that many of my childhood memories are punctuated by me throwing up. Out of excitement. Yes, you heard me.

10. People often remark that the older I get, the more I look like my mother. This is the best compliment I could receive.

I hope you've all enjoyed these slightly trivial, yet hopefully interesting facts about lil' old me! Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2013 2014 2015 2016 31 day 31 Days 90's Anderson Farms anniversary antique apples art art shows babies back to school Barking Mad Arts baths Best Of Birthday black & white bloggers blogging Book Club book recommendations books bucket list Buffy the Vampire Slayer calender cats children Christmas Cindy Lesman Cinevore clothing clothing exchange Color Crush Colorado Colorado Floods comics Consignment cookie corn maze costuming covergirl crafts date night daytrip decor Destree's Doodles Disney DIY dog Dr. Who elf Fall family fantasy fashion fiction film Film Fashion films flowers friday favorites garden Gilmore Girls Girls Night In Girls Night Out Goals Goodreads Goodwill Gourmet Supper Club Greeley grief Halloween hats hitchcock holidays homewares horror hosting Illustrations illustrators Indie Winter Arts Market inspiration James Hopkins JCP Joshua Hoffine Joss Whedon journal kids kiss Lauren Zurchin Leading up to 30 lists Love Letter to a Song makeup mantle marriage memorial day memories mixtape Modcloth monday motivation Motivational Monday movies Munchy Monday music nails nerd New Girl New Years October Old Navy OOTD organization Outfit of the Day pantone parties phone case photo an hour photos pictures podcasts polyvore Primark Project Selfie pumpkin carving pumpkins Pushing Daisies recipe recipes redrum Renaissance Festival Rob Walker rum running Saint Patrick's Day salted caramel Salvation Army Say Anything scary scunci Selfie short stories small business Saturday snow soup Spa Treatments Spotify spring Star Wars stationary steampunk Style Lend styling summer tags Target Thanksgiving theater Thoughtful Thursday Thrift thriftchallenge2016 thrifting Thrifting Thursday Thrifting Wishlist top 5 travel tv vacation Valentine's Day Victorian Cut-out Theater video games vine vintage Vinted Walgreens watercolor Weekend Wrap-up Weld County wine Winter Wordless writing yard sale youtube