Menu

Friday, January 3, 2014

Favorite Friday Favorites # 12

1. Faith Erin Hicks Has a Tumblr- 

And this is the kind of thing on said Tumblr. Can't.....deal......

Chuck & the Pie Maker 

2. This Combination- 



I want to be friends with both of these girls! Both Essie Button & Gemsmaquillage  are quickly becoming two of my favorite Youtubers. I don't expect many to make it all the way to minute 8:00 on this video. Not because it's so high-brow, but because it's like watching two best friends geek out in the way that only two best friends can and that I can be a little uncomfortable to watch. But when they say that they both crushed on Kevin Spacey in "American Beauty", I was hooked. No one has ever understood that about me, but it sounds like these gals could. Oh Este' & Gemma. Let's get coffee/tea soon, shall we? We'll meet somewhere between London and Colorado, m'kay?

3. The Cute Girl Network- 


If you want to purchase, you can get a good deal here. I got my copy from the library. 
I just finished this book last night and I really enjoyed it. It's not going to win an Eisner or anything, but it was well written, well drawn and fun to read. I think I'm going to do a book review on it here on the blog, so I won't say anything else about it, but if you like relationship comics that don't take themselves too seriously, you should check this one out!

4. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug- 



Rick & I saw the second installment of The Hobbit over the holidays. Now, I had heard a lot of criticism about this film (mostly from HUGE Tolkien fans) so I didn't have high hopes, but I have to say, I loved it. It was wonderfully fun & entertaining & I would recommend anyone go see it. It's nothing like the book, but that doesn't really bother me. I don't have a problem viewing the book and the film versions of things as totally different pieces of culture and I generally don't think that it takes away from the book if the film is different. Go on now. Give Bilbo a chance.

5.  Yelena Bryksenkova-

Yelena Bryksenkova's Etsy Shop 

This illustrator is so lovely. Take a look through her Etsy shop and her blog and try not to fall in love with something she has drawn. Go on, I dare you.

Happy Friday, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2013 2014 2015 2016 31 day 31 Days 90's Anderson Farms anniversary antique apples art art shows babies back to school Barking Mad Arts baths Best Of Birthday black & white bloggers blogging Book Club book recommendations books bucket list Buffy the Vampire Slayer calender cats children Christmas Cindy Lesman Cinevore clothing clothing exchange Color Crush Colorado Colorado Floods comics Consignment cookie corn maze costuming covergirl crafts date night daytrip decor Destree's Doodles Disney DIY dog Dr. Who elf Fall family fantasy fashion fiction film Film Fashion films flowers friday favorites garden Gilmore Girls Girls Night In Girls Night Out Goals Goodreads Goodwill Gourmet Supper Club Greeley grief Halloween hats hitchcock holidays homewares horror hosting Illustrations illustrators Indie Winter Arts Market inspiration James Hopkins JCP Joshua Hoffine Joss Whedon journal kids kiss Lauren Zurchin Leading up to 30 lists Love Letter to a Song makeup mantle marriage memorial day memories mixtape Modcloth monday motivation Motivational Monday movies Munchy Monday music nails nerd New Girl New Years October Old Navy OOTD organization Outfit of the Day pantone parties phone case photo an hour photos pictures podcasts polyvore Primark Project Selfie pumpkin carving pumpkins Pushing Daisies recipe recipes redrum Renaissance Festival Rob Walker rum running Saint Patrick's Day salted caramel Salvation Army Say Anything scary scunci Selfie short stories small business Saturday snow soup Spa Treatments Spotify spring Star Wars stationary steampunk Style Lend styling summer tags Target Thanksgiving theater Thoughtful Thursday Thrift thriftchallenge2016 thrifting Thrifting Thursday Thrifting Wishlist top 5 travel tv vacation Valentine's Day Victorian Cut-out Theater video games vine vintage Vinted Walgreens watercolor Weekend Wrap-up Weld County wine Winter Wordless writing yard sale youtube