Menu

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thrifting Thursday: Threads

On Tuesday I visited a new consignment store here in Greeley. Threads , located at 10th Ave & 38th St, has locations in Lafayette, Bloomfield & now Greeley! 


 Now, I often tell people that my brain has been warped a little by thrifting. I can't really go into 1st hand shops (Is that a thing?) anymore and buy anything for full price. If I go to the mall to go shopping, I almost always hit the sale racks first, maybe make a quick sweep through the regular prized items and usually leave empty handed. 

Needless to say, I'm a pain to shop with in "real" stores. 

Because of this, consignment shopping falls in the grey area of my comfort zone. It's been a long time since I've been in a consignment store. Probably close to 10+ years (unless you count the 1/2 a minute I spent in Plato's Closet before realizing they had nothing for me) since I've been in a consignment store. 

That said, Threads is probably the nicest store of it's kind that I've been in. Maybe ever. It bills itself as "an upscale consignment boutique" that specializes in women's designer brands. The store itself was well-lit, super-clean, well-decorated, really well-organized and staffed with a bubbly sales clerk who was helpful and engaging, but not pushy. Judging from the pictures on the website of their other locations, it is very important for shoppers to feel like they're shopping at a upscale shop and in my opinion, they do a great job.

The selection was wide and the sizing was varied, ranging from sizes 2-18 & small-X-large. Threads offers clothing, outerwear, shoes, hats and jewelry, some of which was brand new with tags still on. In addition, they have a rewards program and contribute to several charities in the Denver area. They really seem like a solid company.


While I really enjoyed shopping through their stock and considered a few pieces (mostly hats and coats), I didn't try anything on and I didn't purchase anything. At the end of my time at Threads I came to the conclusion that I just wasn't interested in paying the higher consignment prices. Because they are selling most of the pieces in the store on consignment, every one has to take their cut, which means higher prices for you and me.

But I feel like that is just me. 

If I was looking for something specific (a dress for a special event, fall boots or jewelry for a friend's birthday) I would look at Threads first before hitting any of the other stores in town. You never know what you'll find and it would definitely be cheaper than buying new. But on a day when I'm just making the rounds, looking for nothing in particular, I wasn't prepared to jar loose any more money than I had originally budgeted. I will definitely go back and I may even look into consigning some items! Please check their website  if you're interested in that aspect of the store. 

If you're in the Greeley area I hope you will check Threads out and support a new, local business. You just may find something you can't live without and you might even see me browsing the racks right alongside you! 

Happy thrifting, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2013 2014 2015 2016 31 day 31 Days 90's Anderson Farms anniversary antique apples art art shows babies back to school Barking Mad Arts baths Best Of Birthday black & white bloggers blogging Book Club book recommendations books bucket list Buffy the Vampire Slayer calender cats children Christmas Cindy Lesman Cinevore clothing clothing exchange Color Crush Colorado Colorado Floods comics Consignment cookie corn maze costuming covergirl crafts date night daytrip decor Destree's Doodles Disney DIY dog Dr. Who elf Fall family fantasy fashion fiction film Film Fashion films flowers friday favorites garden Gilmore Girls Girls Night In Girls Night Out Goals Goodreads Goodwill Gourmet Supper Club Greeley grief Halloween hats hitchcock holidays homewares horror hosting Illustrations illustrators Indie Winter Arts Market inspiration James Hopkins JCP Joshua Hoffine Joss Whedon journal kids kiss Lauren Zurchin Leading up to 30 lists Love Letter to a Song makeup mantle marriage memorial day memories mixtape Modcloth monday motivation Motivational Monday movies Munchy Monday music nails nerd New Girl New Years October Old Navy OOTD organization Outfit of the Day pantone parties phone case photo an hour photos pictures podcasts polyvore Primark Project Selfie pumpkin carving pumpkins Pushing Daisies recipe recipes redrum Renaissance Festival Rob Walker rum running Saint Patrick's Day salted caramel Salvation Army Say Anything scary scunci Selfie short stories small business Saturday snow soup Spa Treatments Spotify spring Star Wars stationary steampunk Style Lend styling summer tags Target Thanksgiving theater Thoughtful Thursday Thrift thriftchallenge2016 thrifting Thrifting Thursday Thrifting Wishlist top 5 travel tv vacation Valentine's Day Victorian Cut-out Theater video games vine vintage Vinted Walgreens watercolor Weekend Wrap-up Weld County wine Winter Wordless writing yard sale youtube