Menu

Friday, September 13, 2013

Favorite Friday Favorites # 3

1. Bastille-'Pompeii':

I heard this fantastic song on the radio on Monday & haven't been able to get it out of my head since. Here's a live performance filmed in Paris. Can we deal with that man's hair for a minute? Check out the album 'Bad Blood' if you're into this. In my humble opinion, it is definitely worth your time.





P.S. A little birdie told me 'Bad Blood' is only $6.99 on iTunes right now. Shhhh.....

2. Broke But Bougie:

Don't let the strange name confuse you; The gals over at Broke But Bougie (pronounced Boo-Jee) have it going on! Their slogan, "Live the cashmere life on a cotton budget", is a pretty awesome way to sum up the thrifting lifestyle and is applicable to single gals starting out on their own to newlyweds, learning to live within their means. Their post on clothing swaps  was particularly interesting to me as I'm planning my own clothing swap in October. Check this awesome blog out! You won't be sorry!

3. Silver & Gold/Brass/Rose Gold :

I don't know what it is, but I'm really loving the mixed metal look right now and it seems like it's EVERYWHERE. I recently picked up these gems from a lovely store on Etsy called Spiffing Jewelry, and Target.

Buzzzzz


Kit-Kat 

The Deathly Hollows



I have loved 'Gilmore Girls' from the very first episode. I love the dialogue, the music, the clothes and the relationships. But from the very beginning, I loved Rory. She was unflinchingly geeky with her love of books and academia and she taught me that it was okay that I was geeky, too. She is easily one of my top three TV heroines. Yesterday, I saw that Bust Magazine had posted The Rory Gilmore Reading List and I almost lost my cool.  I got me a score of 65. What about you? 

5. RealBoi: 

I might be the only one who thinks this bit is funny, but a'here we go!

RealBoi is the brain child of Gillian Jacobs (From the hit show, "Community". Bagels, anyone?) and her rescue dog, Mick. 

Here's one of my favorites RealBoi encounters: 




I have probably watched every RealBoi video at least 100 times. Vine's six second loop helps with that. Jacobs' vine is often hilarious, occasionally odd & surreal and always a ton of fun. Plus, now that 'Community' has been picked up for another season, her cast mates often make appearances. Do yourself a favor and check it out! 

Until next week, friends! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2013 2014 2015 2016 31 day 31 Days 90's Anderson Farms anniversary antique apples art art shows babies back to school Barking Mad Arts baths Best Of Birthday black & white bloggers blogging Book Club book recommendations books bucket list Buffy the Vampire Slayer calender cats children Christmas Cindy Lesman Cinevore clothing clothing exchange Color Crush Colorado Colorado Floods comics Consignment cookie corn maze costuming covergirl crafts date night daytrip decor Destree's Doodles Disney DIY dog Dr. Who elf Fall family fantasy fashion fiction film Film Fashion films flowers friday favorites garden Gilmore Girls Girls Night In Girls Night Out Goals Goodreads Goodwill Gourmet Supper Club Greeley grief Halloween hats hitchcock holidays homewares horror hosting Illustrations illustrators Indie Winter Arts Market inspiration James Hopkins JCP Joshua Hoffine Joss Whedon journal kids kiss Lauren Zurchin Leading up to 30 lists Love Letter to a Song makeup mantle marriage memorial day memories mixtape Modcloth monday motivation Motivational Monday movies Munchy Monday music nails nerd New Girl New Years October Old Navy OOTD organization Outfit of the Day pantone parties phone case photo an hour photos pictures podcasts polyvore Primark Project Selfie pumpkin carving pumpkins Pushing Daisies recipe recipes redrum Renaissance Festival Rob Walker rum running Saint Patrick's Day salted caramel Salvation Army Say Anything scary scunci Selfie short stories small business Saturday snow soup Spa Treatments Spotify spring Star Wars stationary steampunk Style Lend styling summer tags Target Thanksgiving theater Thoughtful Thursday Thrift thriftchallenge2016 thrifting Thrifting Thursday Thrifting Wishlist top 5 travel tv vacation Valentine's Day Victorian Cut-out Theater video games vine vintage Vinted Walgreens watercolor Weekend Wrap-up Weld County wine Winter Wordless writing yard sale youtube