Menu

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thrifting Thursday: Club Blue

The Greeley Goodwill has moved out west (2510 47th Ave.) to a MUCH bigger location. Now, while I'm al little bummed I don't have them right downtown anymore, I am pleased that they have so much more room for  merchandise and have the racks set up in such a way that is really conducive to happy shopping! No more running into carts because the isles are only wide enough for like, half a person to shop. The dressing rooms are really nice and spacious and they have a whole section devoted to books, not just three shelves. Oh, they also have a TON of check stands, so on 50% off Saturdays you don't have to wait in line for an hour just to buy your awesome finds. Yay!

Needless to say, it would definitely be worth your while to stop by and check it out!

While you're there, look into the Club Blue Rewards card . You won't be sorry!

Club Blue is Goodwill's free rewards program and I have to say, it's one of the better loyalty programs I've ever used.

Since joining, I have received a $5 coupon for my birthday, savings almost every time I check out and a $10 credit when I accrued $250 in spending (Which didn't take too long to do, honestly.)





Now, I do have to share with you a slightly related story. Earlier this week I was in the store with one of my good friends who didn't have a Club Blue card. I encouraged her to sign up for one while she was checking out and she did. She went through several easy steps with the cashier and quickly had her card in hand and we were out the door. 

About ten minutes after dropping her off at her car, I got a call from her saying that as soon as she got home she got a text from a number she didn't recognize that just said, "Hi!". When she responded and said she didn't recognize the number she got another text saying something along the lines of, "My name is *blank*. We don't know each other yet but I'd like to get to know you." She quickly responded that she wasn't interested and told them to delete her number. 

We assume the guy got her number as she was telling it to the cashier to sign up for her card. All that to say, I would suggest always giving the cashier your card to scan so that you don't have to say your phone number out loud. Or at the very least, be discreet about saying your number out loud. It's not something I thought about before but I think it's just a safe practice. They mystery texter probably wasn't a serial killer or dangerous in any way, but you can never be too careful, you know! 

All that to say, I think Club Blue is an awesome program that makes me like Goodwill even more than I already did (Which was a lot)! If you're not from my area, check into Club Blue in your very own Goodwill store. I suspect it's a program they offer nation wide. 

Happy Thrifting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2013 2014 2015 2016 31 day 31 Days 90's Anderson Farms anniversary antique apples art art shows babies back to school Barking Mad Arts baths Best Of Birthday black & white bloggers blogging Book Club book recommendations books bucket list Buffy the Vampire Slayer calender cats children Christmas Cindy Lesman Cinevore clothing clothing exchange Color Crush Colorado Colorado Floods comics Consignment cookie corn maze costuming covergirl crafts date night daytrip decor Destree's Doodles Disney DIY dog Dr. Who elf Fall family fantasy fashion fiction film Film Fashion films flowers friday favorites garden Gilmore Girls Girls Night In Girls Night Out Goals Goodreads Goodwill Gourmet Supper Club Greeley grief Halloween hats hitchcock holidays homewares horror hosting Illustrations illustrators Indie Winter Arts Market inspiration James Hopkins JCP Joshua Hoffine Joss Whedon journal kids kiss Lauren Zurchin Leading up to 30 lists Love Letter to a Song makeup mantle marriage memorial day memories mixtape Modcloth monday motivation Motivational Monday movies Munchy Monday music nails nerd New Girl New Years October Old Navy OOTD organization Outfit of the Day pantone parties phone case photo an hour photos pictures podcasts polyvore Primark Project Selfie pumpkin carving pumpkins Pushing Daisies recipe recipes redrum Renaissance Festival Rob Walker rum running Saint Patrick's Day salted caramel Salvation Army Say Anything scary scunci Selfie short stories small business Saturday snow soup Spa Treatments Spotify spring Star Wars stationary steampunk Style Lend styling summer tags Target Thanksgiving theater Thoughtful Thursday Thrift thriftchallenge2016 thrifting Thrifting Thursday Thrifting Wishlist top 5 travel tv vacation Valentine's Day Victorian Cut-out Theater video games vine vintage Vinted Walgreens watercolor Weekend Wrap-up Weld County wine Winter Wordless writing yard sale youtube