Menu

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Summer Bucket List 2018

1. Go on as Many Walks a Possible - 


I have realized that my mood is dramatically improved by spending time in nature. No duh, right? I grew up in a small town and spent most of my childhood summers playing outside, fishing, walking, and swimming. For so many years of living in Greeley I didn't explore the natural spaces around me. No more, friends! A couple of years ago I began walking the trails in and around Greeley and I haven't looked back. 

No matter where you live, find the green spaces. 

Trust me. 







2. Go to a Few Outdoor Concerts -


I love outdoor music. It's one of my favorite things about summer time and the fact that most of the outdoor music events in my town are free is just the cherry on top! Even if it's not my favorite style of music, being outdoors makes any concert worthwhile.

I hope to make it to many of these dates as I can! 

(link
(link)

3. Eat All the Watermelon- 


This is my goal every year and I try my hardest to eat enough watermelon to make up for all the winter months when you can't buy any. 

That is my burden & I'll carry it gracefully. 

(link)

4. Catch as Many Colorado Sunsets as Possible -


I've been doing a pretty good job of this already this summer. 





5. Visit a Waterpark & Go Swimming as Much as Possible -


I have always loved water & swimming and summertime is my time to shine when it comes to aqatics! I've never been to WaterWorld, so I think this might be the summer! You'll also find me out at Windsor Lake whenever I have a chance! 


6. Go on a Road Trip -


I'm taking two classes this summer and starting a new job, so my free time to travel is pretty limited. That said, I'd love to take a short roadtrip, even if it's just for the day. Maybe we can go to Mount Rushmore? Maybe hit up Two Rivers Winery & Chateau & the Colorado National Monument for a long weekend? Maybe we'll just go back to MeowWolf (oh please, oh please)! I don't know what we'll do, but I'm sure it will be fun! 

(link)


7. Garage Sale Shop Every Weekend - 



8. Go to the Drive-Inn -


The town over from ours has a fabulous double-feature vintage drive-inn & I haven't been in years! I would love to go this summer if the right movies come through! 


9. Go to a Carnival (Completed) -


When I was a kid, the city of Craig hosted a Memorial Day carnival and it was always felt like the start of summer. While Greeley boasts the Greeley Stampede, it's never quite felt the same. I hope to find a small town carnival somewhere in Northern Colorado to me this summer wish come true! 


10. Go Paddle Boating (Completed) 


We accomplished this in early June and I couldn't be happier! I've wanted to go paddle boating at our local swim beach for the last five years and Rick and I finally made it happen a few Sundays ago. We still have a token to our local paddleboat place, so we're planning on going again soon! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

2013 2014 2015 2016 31 day 31 Days 90's Anderson Farms anniversary antique apples art art shows babies back to school Barking Mad Arts baths Best Of Birthday black & white bloggers blogging Book Club book recommendations books bucket list Buffy the Vampire Slayer calender cats children Christmas Cindy Lesman Cinevore clothing clothing exchange Color Crush Colorado Colorado Floods comics Consignment cookie corn maze costuming covergirl crafts date night daytrip decor Destree's Doodles Disney DIY dog Dr. Who elf Fall family fantasy fashion fiction film Film Fashion films flowers friday favorites garden Gilmore Girls Girls Night In Girls Night Out Goals Goodreads Goodwill Gourmet Supper Club Greeley grief Halloween hats hitchcock holidays homewares horror hosting Illustrations illustrators Indie Winter Arts Market inspiration James Hopkins JCP Joshua Hoffine Joss Whedon journal kids kiss Lauren Zurchin Leading up to 30 lists Love Letter to a Song makeup mantle marriage memorial day memories mixtape Modcloth monday motivation Motivational Monday movies Munchy Monday music nails nerd New Girl New Years October Old Navy OOTD organization Outfit of the Day pantone parties phone case photo an hour photos pictures podcasts polyvore Primark Project Selfie pumpkin carving pumpkins Pushing Daisies recipe recipes redrum Renaissance Festival Rob Walker rum running Saint Patrick's Day salted caramel Salvation Army Say Anything scary scunci Selfie short stories small business Saturday snow soup Spa Treatments Spotify spring Star Wars stationary steampunk Style Lend styling summer tags Target Thanksgiving theater Thoughtful Thursday Thrift thriftchallenge2016 thrifting Thrifting Thursday Thrifting Wishlist top 5 travel tv vacation Valentine's Day Victorian Cut-out Theater video games vine vintage Vinted Walgreens watercolor Weekend Wrap-up Weld County wine Winter Wordless writing yard sale youtube