Menu

Friday, June 8, 2018

Favorite Friday Favorites #186

1. Consider This-


I recently took on a new challenge (more on that later) and am super apprehensive. Not gonna lie! I recently realized that I am in a season of constant change and my natural state is to hate, fear, and avoid change at all costs. The root of this is based on the fact that I don't want to fail. I build my entire life around failure never being an option, and frankly speaking, I've done a pretty good job. What I'm finally realizing is that sometimes you need to step out of your comfort zone to achieve any real goals of substance. I might fail. It's entirely possible. And that will be okay. Right? 

RIGHT?! 

(link)

2. May's Playlist- 


I really like last month's playlist! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! 


3. Amazing Graphic Jumpsuits from NOOWORKS


I don't know about you, but I've really been enjoying the jumpsuit trend! I've always enjoyed a romper, but sometimes it's hard to find vintage or thrifted styles for curvier bodies. In comes a company like NOOWORKS! They have a variety of cuts, styles and go up to size XL (not the best, but better than some companies, right?) The price is high, I won't lie to you. That said,  their company is women-owned, women-run, are made in the USA and use limited edition prints from artists you'll love. That price tag means I won't be buying one anytime soon, but I just might have to save up for one! 

(link)
(link)

4. Over the Garden Wall-


My brother introduced me to Over the Garden Wall at the beginning of the month and I can officially say I'm hooked! It's definitely one of the most beautifully written animated shows I've seen in a long time! I think my favorite episodes are Hard Times at the Huskin' Bee & The Ringing of the Bell (but every episode is amazing)! Enjoy a few pieces of fan art and get thee to the library to check this amazing show out ASAP! 



(link)

(link)


(link)

5. Building a Slat Wall for our Upper Patio- 


As mentioned before, we have a long balcony patio off of our master bedroom. In an attempt to break up space and provide a little privacy from the road, I'm thinking a slat wall would be just the ticket. These are a few of my favorite styles! 

(link)

(link)

(link
(link)

More Links to Love-

-Thrifting can be a whole family affair! 
-Real-life places that belong in Wes Anderson films. 
-I love the idea of salad spinner art! Wouldn't these plates be great for a birthday party or BBQ? I'll have to see if I can dig up a salad spinner at the thrift store! 
-Look at this paper doll! And this one
-8 things every creative should know. 
-During our 90+ degree days, I'll definitely need to make this and keep some in our freezer for emergency refreshments. 
-You can bet that I'll be getting this for my nephew for his 4th birthday! 

Happy Friday, Friends!
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

2013 2014 2015 2016 31 day 31 Days 90's Anderson Farms anniversary antique apples art art shows babies back to school Barking Mad Arts baths Best Of Birthday black & white bloggers blogging Book Club book recommendations books bucket list Buffy the Vampire Slayer calender cats children Christmas Cindy Lesman Cinevore clothing clothing exchange Color Crush Colorado Colorado Floods comics Consignment cookie corn maze costuming covergirl crafts date night daytrip decor Destree's Doodles Disney DIY dog Dr. Who elf Fall family fantasy fashion fiction film Film Fashion films flowers friday favorites garden Gilmore Girls Girls Night In Girls Night Out Goals Goodreads Goodwill Gourmet Supper Club Greeley grief Halloween hats hitchcock holidays homewares horror hosting Illustrations illustrators Indie Winter Arts Market inspiration James Hopkins JCP Joshua Hoffine Joss Whedon journal kids kiss Lauren Zurchin Leading up to 30 lists Love Letter to a Song makeup mantle marriage memorial day memories mixtape Modcloth monday motivation Motivational Monday movies Munchy Monday music nails nerd New Girl New Years October Old Navy OOTD organization Outfit of the Day pantone parties phone case photo an hour photos pictures podcasts polyvore Primark Project Selfie pumpkin carving pumpkins Pushing Daisies recipe recipes redrum Renaissance Festival Rob Walker rum running Saint Patrick's Day salted caramel Salvation Army Say Anything scary scunci Selfie short stories small business Saturday snow soup Spa Treatments Spotify spring Star Wars stationary steampunk Style Lend styling summer tags Target Thanksgiving theater Thoughtful Thursday Thrift thriftchallenge2016 thrifting Thrifting Thursday Thrifting Wishlist top 5 travel tv vacation Valentine's Day Victorian Cut-out Theater video games vine vintage Vinted Walgreens watercolor Weekend Wrap-up Weld County wine Winter Wordless writing yard sale youtube