Menu

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Anniversaries & Memories

Six years ago today I married Rick Destree. 

We have spent 2190 days together as a married couple, but the truth is I committed to being with Rick long before we said our vows in front of our friends & family six years ago today.

I remember when I divulged to my best friend & her husband that I had a crush on Rick. I had agonized over it for weeks & as we were driving back from a work function, a feeling that I had to get something off my chest came over me. They were so excited, but I remember saying that I had to be extra careful & I had to be sure. I knew that if I were to tell Rick that I liked him & he, by some stretch of the imagination felt the same, we would be serious right away. Rick wasn't just the guy you hang out with & date. He was the guy you marry.

And I did. Lucky me!!!

I can't imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't met & married Rick. Our life hasn't been perfect. I mean, no marriage is. We fight & say unkind things to one another more often than I'd like to admit. We are sometimes selfish & put our own interests ahead of the other.  We've gone through hard times & certain things in our marriage have not gone the way we dreamed they would on that beautiful day six years ago.

But the good times far outweigh the bad and God is using even the worst of times to make our relationship stronger. And the truth is that even if you would have asked me six years ago what my idea of the perfect marriage was, I wouldn't have ever dreamed it would be like our current marriage. I could never have dreamed up a more perfect person to spend my life with.

I get to be an aunt with this man (Uncle Beard & Aunt Roar, at your service). I get to go on adventures with this man. I get to create art alongside this man. I will never stop being thankful that he chose me 6 years ago & continues to choose every day since.

Photo Credit: Betony Coons








No comments:

Post a Comment

2013 2014 2015 2016 31 day 31 Days 90's Anderson Farms anniversary antique apples art art shows babies back to school Barking Mad Arts baths Best Of Birthday black & white bloggers blogging Book Club book recommendations books bucket list Buffy the Vampire Slayer calender cats children Christmas Cindy Lesman Cinevore clothing clothing exchange Color Crush Colorado Colorado Floods comics Consignment cookie corn maze costuming covergirl crafts date night daytrip decor Destree's Doodles Disney DIY dog Dr. Who elf Fall family fantasy fashion fiction film Film Fashion films flowers friday favorites garden Gilmore Girls Girls Night In Girls Night Out Goals Goodreads Goodwill Gourmet Supper Club Greeley grief Halloween hats hitchcock holidays homewares horror hosting Illustrations illustrators Indie Winter Arts Market inspiration James Hopkins JCP Joshua Hoffine Joss Whedon journal kids kiss Lauren Zurchin Leading up to 30 lists Love Letter to a Song makeup mantle marriage memorial day memories mixtape Modcloth monday motivation Motivational Monday movies Munchy Monday music nails nerd New Girl New Years October Old Navy OOTD organization Outfit of the Day pantone parties phone case photo an hour photos pictures podcasts polyvore Primark Project Selfie pumpkin carving pumpkins Pushing Daisies recipe recipes redrum Renaissance Festival Rob Walker rum running Saint Patrick's Day salted caramel Salvation Army Say Anything scary scunci Selfie short stories small business Saturday snow soup Spa Treatments Spotify spring Star Wars stationary steampunk Style Lend styling summer tags Target Thanksgiving theater Thoughtful Thursday Thrift thriftchallenge2016 thrifting Thrifting Thursday Thrifting Wishlist top 5 travel tv vacation Valentine's Day Victorian Cut-out Theater video games vine vintage Vinted Walgreens watercolor Weekend Wrap-up Weld County wine Winter Wordless writing yard sale youtube