Menu

Monday, March 7, 2016

Motivational Monday: You're Never Too Old

I recently had someone tell me, after seeing what I was wearing, that while they loved my outfit, they felt too old to wear the clothes & accessories that they wanted to. Now, just to be clear, we weren't talking about ill-fitting clothing. We weren't talking about a certain color palette or certain trends. We were simply talking about wearing what you like to wear because it makes you happy.

And if you ask me, that has no age limit.

I, admittedly, try to have fun with my wardrobe. I really try to not take myself too seriously in life, and that definitely comes out in my clothing. I like colors, textures & accessories and because I buy most of my clothes from the thrift store or the clearance rack, I take chances. Sometimes I'm on trend, but most of the time I'm just doing my own thing. I like my band & nerd culture tees. I like brooches & statement jewelry. I rock a lot of polka dots & I own more than my fair share of hats.

I learned a long time ago that I feel more confidant & more myself when I wear what I like; no matter what size I happen to be wearing at the time. Just because I have a curvier body doesn't mean that I'm relegated to Frumps Town, USA when it comes to shopping for clothes. That being said, I do try to dress for my shape. It's taken most of my adult life to find the shapes that work best on my body, so I do try to stick to what I feel like works. I've always had a booty and I probably always will. I've always been smaller on the top than on the bottom, so there are some shapes that just aren't going to flatter me & that's okay. But if I want to try something & I'm comfortable in it, I go for it! I thought for a long time that I couldn't/shouldn't wear skinny jeans (I now almost exclusively wear skinny jeans) or skirts that hit above the knee & that's just not true! It's all about finding the right cuts & fabrics to completely change your mind about a garment or style.

Life's too short to wear boring clothes that you hate & that make you feel bad about yourself!








Pendleton Wool Blazer- Thrifted $3.00
White T-shirt- Thrifted $1.00
Shorts- Shorts $8.00 (on sale)
Black Tights- $6.00
Boots- Target 
Antique Pokey Pin- $2.50
Cat Necklace- Target $5.00
Wedding Ring & Engagement Band- Hurdles Jewelry 
Vintage Sunglasses- Thrifted .99
Nail Polish- Cover Girl "Seared Bronze" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2013 2014 2015 2016 31 day 31 Days 90's Anderson Farms anniversary antique apples art art shows babies back to school Barking Mad Arts baths Best Of Birthday black & white bloggers blogging Book Club book recommendations books bucket list Buffy the Vampire Slayer calender cats children Christmas Cindy Lesman Cinevore clothing clothing exchange Color Crush Colorado Colorado Floods comics Consignment cookie corn maze costuming covergirl crafts date night daytrip decor Destree's Doodles Disney DIY dog Dr. Who elf Fall family fantasy fashion fiction film Film Fashion films flowers friday favorites garden Gilmore Girls Girls Night In Girls Night Out Goals Goodreads Goodwill Gourmet Supper Club Greeley grief Halloween hats hitchcock holidays homewares horror hosting Illustrations illustrators Indie Winter Arts Market inspiration James Hopkins JCP Joshua Hoffine Joss Whedon journal kids kiss Lauren Zurchin Leading up to 30 lists Love Letter to a Song makeup mantle marriage memorial day memories mixtape Modcloth monday motivation Motivational Monday movies Munchy Monday music nails nerd New Girl New Years October Old Navy OOTD organization Outfit of the Day pantone parties phone case photo an hour photos pictures podcasts polyvore Primark Project Selfie pumpkin carving pumpkins Pushing Daisies recipe recipes redrum Renaissance Festival Rob Walker rum running Saint Patrick's Day salted caramel Salvation Army Say Anything scary scunci Selfie short stories small business Saturday snow soup Spa Treatments Spotify spring Star Wars stationary steampunk Style Lend styling summer tags Target Thanksgiving theater Thoughtful Thursday Thrift thriftchallenge2016 thrifting Thrifting Thursday Thrifting Wishlist top 5 travel tv vacation Valentine's Day Victorian Cut-out Theater video games vine vintage Vinted Walgreens watercolor Weekend Wrap-up Weld County wine Winter Wordless writing yard sale youtube