Menu

Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Best of 2014


I posted a similar list at the end of last year & I think this is a great way to put all my favorites in one place! So, as the year draws to an end, I thought I might put together a little list of 2014's bests. Bear in mind, all of these are based solely on my opinion and tastes.

Best Film: The Grand Budapest Hotel 


  • Runner-Up: Muppets Most Wanted

Best TV Show: American Horror Story Seasons 1-2

I need to start season 3 but I have to admit, I'm a little scared! 



Best Album: And the War Came- Shakey Graves


  • Runner-Up: Twin Forks- Twin Forks, Swimmin' Time-Shovels & Rope & Dream Your Life Away- Vance Joy

Best Moment: Swimming in the ocean off Cumberland Island, GA. with Rick & his parents. Probably one of the best moments of my life, not just 2014. 




  • Runner-up: Meeting my sweet nephew, Hugo & learning that I will be an aunt AGAIN in 2015! Such the best! 



Best Achievement: Returning to the Windsor Community Playhouse to direct Kevin Kling's 21A with some of the best actors & actresses I have ever had the extreme pleasure to work with. Despite all the stress & worry, this remains one of my favorite theatrical moments of my life. 

Best Novel: Revival by Stephen King 

Best Graphic Novel: Through the Woods by Emily Carroll 

Best Non-Fiction: The Hardest Peace by Kara Tippetts 


I'll leave you with one of my favorite Neil Gaiman quotes, in hopes that it will inspire your first day of 2015 and all the days after. 

“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're doing something.


So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.

Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.

Make your mistakes, next year and forever.” 




Happy New Year, Friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2013 2014 2015 2016 31 day 31 Days 90's Anderson Farms anniversary antique apples art art shows babies back to school Barking Mad Arts baths Best Of Birthday black & white bloggers blogging Book Club book recommendations books bucket list Buffy the Vampire Slayer calender cats children Christmas Cindy Lesman Cinevore clothing clothing exchange Color Crush Colorado Colorado Floods comics Consignment cookie corn maze costuming covergirl crafts date night daytrip decor Destree's Doodles Disney DIY dog Dr. Who elf Fall family fantasy fashion fiction film Film Fashion films flowers friday favorites garden Gilmore Girls Girls Night In Girls Night Out Goals Goodreads Goodwill Gourmet Supper Club Greeley grief Halloween hats hitchcock holidays homewares horror hosting Illustrations illustrators Indie Winter Arts Market inspiration James Hopkins JCP Joshua Hoffine Joss Whedon journal kids kiss Lauren Zurchin Leading up to 30 lists Love Letter to a Song makeup mantle marriage memorial day memories mixtape Modcloth monday motivation Motivational Monday movies Munchy Monday music nails nerd New Girl New Years October Old Navy OOTD organization Outfit of the Day pantone parties phone case photo an hour photos pictures podcasts polyvore Primark Project Selfie pumpkin carving pumpkins Pushing Daisies recipe recipes redrum Renaissance Festival Rob Walker rum running Saint Patrick's Day salted caramel Salvation Army Say Anything scary scunci Selfie short stories small business Saturday snow soup Spa Treatments Spotify spring Star Wars stationary steampunk Style Lend styling summer tags Target Thanksgiving theater Thoughtful Thursday Thrift thriftchallenge2016 thrifting Thrifting Thursday Thrifting Wishlist top 5 travel tv vacation Valentine's Day Victorian Cut-out Theater video games vine vintage Vinted Walgreens watercolor Weekend Wrap-up Weld County wine Winter Wordless writing yard sale youtube