Menu

Monday, April 7, 2014

Makeup Monday: Freeman's Avocado & Oatmeal Facial Clay Mask

I've been doing a play for the last two weekends and thus, I've been wearing a lot of makeup. Anyone who has done theater knows the amount of junk you have to put on your face to have your features show up to the audience. From far away it looks flawless, but if you get any closer, it ain't pretty, kids!

Crazy Face Destree makes her return to the stage

As I was washing my face today, I felt like my skin needed a detox, STAT! So, I whipped out my Freeman's Avocado & Oatmeal Facial Clay Mask and set to work. If you're on a tight budget or really into DIY, you could always make your own mask and beauty products. I've been using this mask for the past couple of months on a weekly basis or whenever I feel like my face could use a really deep clean. The clay helps pull all the junk & oil out of my pores, while the avocado moisturizes and the oatmeal soothes. I like to layer it a bit thicker on problem areas, like my cheeks and chin and a little bit goes a long way! 

Masky-mask 


In terms of consistency, this mask isn't super sticky or thick like some clay masks that I've tried. Because of that, it doesn't take this mask forever to dry and if you end up getting a little of it in your eyebrows or in your hairline, it won't take forever to rinse out. It may look like you're smearing toothpaste all over your face, but trust me; this mask leaves your skin feeling squeaky clean, but moisturized. You know how some clay masks leave your skin too clean? Like your skin is going to have to over-produce oil to correct the lack of oil? None of that with this mask, folks! 


Mask Mugging 


The only thing I don't like about this product is the smell. As soon as you open the lid you can smell this mask and the fragrance isn't my favorite. But once it dries, you can't really smell anything, so that's a plus. 

For only $3.99 from most drugstores (I got mine from Walgreens), this mask is a steal! Add given the fact that I've had my bottle (6 fl oz)  for about 3 months and I'm not even halfway through, I'd say this product is worth a try! 

Do you have any facial masks that I need to try? I'm interested in trying some of those new-fangled sheet masks all the cool kids are talking about, but I don't even know where to start! Any recommendations?  

Happy Makeup Monday, Friends! 
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

2013 2014 2015 2016 31 day 31 Days 90's Anderson Farms anniversary antique apples art art shows babies back to school Barking Mad Arts baths Best Of Birthday black & white bloggers blogging Book Club book recommendations books bucket list Buffy the Vampire Slayer calender cats children Christmas Cindy Lesman Cinevore clothing clothing exchange Color Crush Colorado Colorado Floods comics Consignment cookie corn maze costuming covergirl crafts date night daytrip decor Destree's Doodles Disney DIY dog Dr. Who elf Fall family fantasy fashion fiction film Film Fashion films flowers friday favorites garden Gilmore Girls Girls Night In Girls Night Out Goals Goodreads Goodwill Gourmet Supper Club Greeley grief Halloween hats hitchcock holidays homewares horror hosting Illustrations illustrators Indie Winter Arts Market inspiration James Hopkins JCP Joshua Hoffine Joss Whedon journal kids kiss Lauren Zurchin Leading up to 30 lists Love Letter to a Song makeup mantle marriage memorial day memories mixtape Modcloth monday motivation Motivational Monday movies Munchy Monday music nails nerd New Girl New Years October Old Navy OOTD organization Outfit of the Day pantone parties phone case photo an hour photos pictures podcasts polyvore Primark Project Selfie pumpkin carving pumpkins Pushing Daisies recipe recipes redrum Renaissance Festival Rob Walker rum running Saint Patrick's Day salted caramel Salvation Army Say Anything scary scunci Selfie short stories small business Saturday snow soup Spa Treatments Spotify spring Star Wars stationary steampunk Style Lend styling summer tags Target Thanksgiving theater Thoughtful Thursday Thrift thriftchallenge2016 thrifting Thrifting Thursday Thrifting Wishlist top 5 travel tv vacation Valentine's Day Victorian Cut-out Theater video games vine vintage Vinted Walgreens watercolor Weekend Wrap-up Weld County wine Winter Wordless writing yard sale youtube