Menu

Friday, November 22, 2013

Favorite Friday Favorites # 9

1. Hats With a Past-

I love hats. Like my grandmother before me, if there's a hat for sale, I must look at it (and probably buy it). Hats paired with my vintage sensibilities? Forget about it! The Etsy shop, Hats with a Past combines two of my favorite things. All of their hats are made from vintage materials (wool, cotton, etc.) and have a very vintage feel. They even have hats for the old timey gent in your life! If you're like me, you're going to want to check this shop out!
Cloche hat made with vintage wool, 
2.) This Dog-



Too much cuteness. I just.....ugg...can't go on.

3.) Animal Sweaters from JCP

Foxy 
JC Penny has come out with several lovely pullover critter sweaters this season. They are of good quality and impossibly soft! If you haven't stopped into a JCP in a while, it might be worth a look. They have some REALLY cute things this year! I may have already picked up one with a Boston Terrier on it and one with a Racoon. This foxy sweater might be going on my Christmas wishlist! #notashamed

4.) Purple Swamp socks from Strathcona Stockings-

Swampy 
Now, I'm not usually one for trouser socks. Give me a pair of tights or over-the-knee socks anyday, but look at these beauties! These knee-high trouser socks bring all the delights of the swamp to your very own feet! I especially like those snakes and bugs! Check out other prints and prices here.


5.) My Community-

Last night the church that I work for sponsored a benefit for our local food bank. This year was our second annual Beaujolais Nouveau release party and it was a truly fantastic time! If you don't know what Beaujolais Nouveau is you can read up on it here. If you're wondering why a church would help throw a party centered around wine, here's your answer.

Every year I am astounded at the generosity of my community and this year was no different. I am thankful and proud to be a member of my city. Man isn't supposed to be alone, out on his own. We are truly meant to do life together and I couldn't ask for better company.

My handsome date. Isn't he dapper?  
Our pastor, Michael Mathews, speaking at the event. 
The talented Armando Silva and one of the lovely pieces that he generously donated to the silent auction. 
My partners in crime. 
Happy Friday, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2013 2014 2015 2016 31 day 31 Days 90's Anderson Farms anniversary antique apples art art shows babies back to school Barking Mad Arts baths Best Of Birthday black & white bloggers blogging Book Club book recommendations books bucket list Buffy the Vampire Slayer calender cats children Christmas Cindy Lesman Cinevore clothing clothing exchange Color Crush Colorado Colorado Floods comics Consignment cookie corn maze costuming covergirl crafts date night daytrip decor Destree's Doodles Disney DIY dog Dr. Who elf Fall family fantasy fashion fiction film Film Fashion films flowers friday favorites garden Gilmore Girls Girls Night In Girls Night Out Goals Goodreads Goodwill Gourmet Supper Club Greeley grief Halloween hats hitchcock holidays homewares horror hosting Illustrations illustrators Indie Winter Arts Market inspiration James Hopkins JCP Joshua Hoffine Joss Whedon journal kids kiss Lauren Zurchin Leading up to 30 lists Love Letter to a Song makeup mantle marriage memorial day memories mixtape Modcloth monday motivation Motivational Monday movies Munchy Monday music nails nerd New Girl New Years October Old Navy OOTD organization Outfit of the Day pantone parties phone case photo an hour photos pictures podcasts polyvore Primark Project Selfie pumpkin carving pumpkins Pushing Daisies recipe recipes redrum Renaissance Festival Rob Walker rum running Saint Patrick's Day salted caramel Salvation Army Say Anything scary scunci Selfie short stories small business Saturday snow soup Spa Treatments Spotify spring Star Wars stationary steampunk Style Lend styling summer tags Target Thanksgiving theater Thoughtful Thursday Thrift thriftchallenge2016 thrifting Thrifting Thursday Thrifting Wishlist top 5 travel tv vacation Valentine's Day Victorian Cut-out Theater video games vine vintage Vinted Walgreens watercolor Weekend Wrap-up Weld County wine Winter Wordless writing yard sale youtube